Nag1 ApS has developed a noise reducing crash barrier (NAG) and requested DELTA Acoustics to measure the noise reducing properties of this barrier. The aim of the task is to investigate whether the noise reducing effects are in accordance with effects calculated with the Nord2000-method at short distances. If so, future and already executed calculations of the sound propagation at longer distances from roads equipped with the NAG noise barriers are reliable.
This demo is an animated film showing:
- the technical set-up, the beta-version of the NAG system (Noise Absorbing Guardrail)
- the effects calculated with the Nord2000-method
- visual presentation – with and without the NAG system
- side effects – protection of trees and amphibians, and increased safety
- advantages of using the NAG system
In the DELTA-reports (Danish, English and German) on the link-page, you can read all the details and the fully results of the measurements carried out at Vaerloese Flyveplads.